Saturday, May 12, 2012

Credo

I believe in the intra-uterine genesis
I believe in the perpetuation of the species
I believe in the Son of Man.

I believe today as to be the beginning
Yesterday is the past
And God to be the fearful future.

I believe in discovery of mans' personal strength
And in the persevering strength of woman
I believe in the coalition of these strengths.

I believe in professing the Apostles' Creed
I believe in the sainthood of children
I believe personality is a very gentle
... and fragile subject to be dealt with.

I believe in the tragedy, comedy and fantasy of Life,
I believe in the subtle nature of contentment,
I believe in talking to Jesus through prayer ...

I believe in the final outcome
I believe in the means to it,
I believe in resurrection and judgment.

One final belief, through faith am I personalized,
That I have personalized an understanding
of the three part God.




Patrick Darnell (1984)

No comments: