Monday, May 7, 2012

Beware, she's the Reverend's Daughter

Uptown, near sweet corn vendor
... and the 'Your Name Here Tattoo Parlor.' ...

Bum's been living off waste, sleeping in vestibules
... of Brownstone portals.

'Making it through one more freezing night
... don't make you immortal.'

Early March flurries of snow, make it unseasonably cold
...'might as well get comfortable in my own brain.

How does that song go again ...?
... 'Move like Jagger... Move like Jagger ...'

Phone battery is dead, been dead for ages
... Oooops, just like I thought, No new messages.

Maybe if I turn my clothes inside out
... I would be warmer.

I remember when I could spoon
... with, what's her name ... Nor, Nor, Nor, Norma?

He lies on the hard walk, dreaming of when he was taller,
... wakes up under the sign of 'Your Name Here Tattoo Parlor.'


Patrick Darnell

No comments: