Sunday, May 6, 2012

Begis and Visay

[In the Office one day]

As he walked by her
he moaned lowly
low on the decibel scale:

"MMMMMmmmmmphhhhh"

Yet she heard it.

She turned, squared herself
held her papers-to-be-xeroxed
like a coat of arms
across her chest,

He smiled.

Said she:
"Look, spoiled brat
I do not appreciate
your sexist sounds
and harassing comments.
Sexual harassment in
any workplace is crime.
So I promise
I will sue your
badly tailored clothes
off your back!"

He quit smiling.

Said he:
"I suppose you think
you're really on to
something here
I happen to believe it is
my living breathing
human right to make
primal sounds
anywhere, anytime.
You're hard line purist
feminine stance confirms
a world heading
for the worst kind of revolution
... Let me explain ..."

Said she, interrupting:
"Just simply say you're sorry
before I reduce you
to a pile of rubble
Barney style...!"

He sniffed,
looked at the floor,
... walked away.


Patrick Darnell (1978)

No comments: