Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Dress in a Closet with Glass Doors

I dress in a closet that has glass doors
Through which others walk would kiss me
And inspect my clothes serenity to restore
But their rapport causes duress in closet with me

They all watch me while I dress
Through doors with etched glass
Froze I and stood very still
For to breathe I could not -- no will.

Said one she: 'Close the door I am total bare,'
Said she this as washed she her hair.
'So I see,' said I as I stand and stare.

'Close then your eyes while to closet go I
My bareness there in closet deposit.
Leather not nor silk pleasure there
Only denim rubbing my skin cannot forebear.'

She in leather coat and silk underwear
Leather boots, cotton, and other things
Accessories and morning song to sing
'Where will you be?' queried she;

She opened the glass doors to give me a kisses
And kiss back, I could, my missus' ...
To where I answered 'I do not know,'
She said, 'Oh, then see you in a week.'





Patrick Darnell

2 comments:

Milliscent Morgan said...

Wow! I like this poem about glass doors actually a closet having glass door. As a girl if I change or wear something I like also to do it in front of the glass or mirror.

MooPig said...

Hi Milliscent:
That is what inspired this bit, I visited a house that was lived in by a single lady for a long time, and in her bedroom was a full mirror by the closets. In the wooden floor I could see where she had stood probably twirling in front of the mirror, as she decided what to wear. The floor boards were worn down to a lighter color from the surrounding patina.

And, Thanks for dropping by. I do hope you find your way back and leave me more comments.