Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Recall my Angel

To my not ready heart
And from an immeasurable abyss
of my experiences appalling
Father finds me falling
and angrily a'stalling

Enemies gather 'round me
not by silence but
by bastard din, my haggard ears
caked in crustiness of living
crust of grievous, costly, heart

Not as master of life
Rather, dogged, clowned
of stupendous grounds
renown in hapless pounds
hunted down
by song-less hounds.

Sown like a mustard seed
felled in ragweed
among stones and cairns
by some miracle alive --
-- in crags of coincidence
sustaining this life

Life fleeing
out of present being
he, she, and, it breathe
esophageal -- would not
one angel appeal ...
bend a wing
come to my aid
heed my prim voice staid?

From this expression of grave
where lies grandfather
and grandmother
I am weak, sad, depraved,
not brother nor son
of an angel

Conjured in plasmagel!

Recall my angel
to sit with me
in silence,
before the light,
before the river,
before the river arrives
to see my angel
and senses enlightened soul.



Copyright © 2010-11 Patrick Darnell (1991)

No comments: