Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Miss My Children as they Dream

I miss my children as they dream,
In value times oft' it seems
Escape they to finer place
As clouds gather over landscapes

My children wax in Summer's grace
Cry not while in their place
Roam though I a babe as old
Battling too till I'm aloft the world --

That then is conclusion
my children's dreams ...
They ride free a'stride stallions
Claiming pastures for each's scheme

I've but purchased my bare plot
I have called in my delusions
Articulated on high things
Given to do lower; my illusion.

Primitives would gather to my grave
In stiff fog of dreams I have,
Scoffing unrelenting ...
Crying not, nor laughing they.

Yet I come not in spectacular times
To biddings of forgotten souls
I strive for shelter ours
Before grave in life's unfolding hours

I miss my children as they dream
For I alone can know them to value it
Wanting each their right to my spirit
A portion my children rightfully redeem.




Copyright © 2010-11 Patrick Darnell

No comments: