Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday 8:49 AM Poem Break

"Nay, I'll j'ist k'ip it this'a 'way"
by Pat Darnell

Many have asked me to join their human race?
"Nay, thanks, I'll j'ist k'ip it this'a 'way" ...
knowin' the winds; knowin' my place --
I already been knackered, already been played ...

Many asked what's that smile all over my face?
"What you talkin' 'bout, I ain't gay"
So they say: 'Then you're straight?'
-- I got no time for what ya'll say ..

Many askin' why I'm walkin' away ...
turnin' my back on their disgrace?
"I cain't answer that at'all, you has'n to wait"
... sure enough, answers will soon come your way

Many will ask what's it gonna take?
... gittin' on down the highway;
... makin' ya'll a clean break?
"Nay, I'll j'ist k'ip it this'a 'way"
"None o' that at'all ...
"I'll jist be kippin' it this a' way..."

PD

No comments: