Sunday, September 20, 2009

Response to Song by Buzz Feiten -- Hey, Dinwiddie

by Pat Darnell

Livin' dinwiddie for a rumor
a rumor that someone,
someone I love, loves me

born again in here
thinking she’ll come back
soon, she'll come back
soon to be with me

can’t get that last word
she said out of my head
anymore than i can forget
that "Cannonball" beat
while lying alone here in bed

If 'n I can be discreet --
If 'n I can tune it out’ --
maybe she set in Arkansas
saying “oui, oui, oui ...”

‘dat’s the dinwiddie divine
po’ diddly, dinwiddie, moonshine heat
pour’n down on me?
dat's her dinwiddie sooner
sending spoons of sugar to me

Ain’t it sweet, sweet a'rumor
... love be sprinkling down on me,
she sure ta'be on that freeway
comin’ right back home to me?
comin' right back home ...

... to be with me.

[another unsolicited "dinwiddie verse " improv from yours truly; the tunes inspire]

No comments: