Sunday, October 3, 2010

Emancipated

I was not rated
so I cannot be underrated
so of course...
never overrated likewise

When I say
the hole in my chest
is a fatal wound
bleeding from raising children

It should create impact
it is a symptom
possibly of disloyalty, ambiguity
from shelter people in their
profiteering

On my account; no festival please
Hope, no reveling
just surviving
making life one more day

No furnished bisque
no bouquets, no nosegay
only charity schisms
perchance escape criticism

Don't know why
Don't know when
Service became a job
and Public Works became a business

It has something to do
with water to live on
that Living Water promise
made reproachfully

I approach carefully
a common door
once I go through
I am emancipated, or so.


Copyright © 2010 Patrick Darnell

No comments: